Sustainability Show all
Interfuse Limited is a family run business established in 1965 in Leicestershire, manufacturing precast concrete masonry blocks in dense and lightweight material, at locations in Syston and Gainsborough.
Interfuse Ltd recognises its business potential, environmental and ethical impacts. Our aim' therefore, is to ensure that the constituent materials used within our products and the supply chains that provide them are sourced responsibly, in accordance with the guidelines set out by the BES 6001 Standard for the Responsible Sourcing of Construction Products.
The requirements of the BES 6001 standard require demonstration of a wide range of commitments. Many of these are covered in existing company policies. These commitments are not repeated here ; as a result this policy document must be read in conjunction with the following Interfuse policy statements:
- Environmental Management Policy.
- Health and Safety policy Statement.
- Quality Policy.
In addition to the commitments made in the above policies, Interfuse also commits to undertake the following:
- Adopt and apply standards of ethical behaviour appropriate to our activities.
- Ensure that we meet all regulatory and legal requirements for both our products and our quality management system.
- Operate suitable supply chain, quality, environmental and health and safety management systems to follow the principles of internationally recognised standards where appropriate (please see our quality and environmental policies and health and safety polecat statement);
- Ensure that we proactively work with our supply chain to deliver sustainable policies and practices;
- Work with suppliers of our constituent materials to ensure, where practicable, they maintain management systems appropriate to the needs of our activities, including adherence to this policy;
- Reduce and minimise emissions of greenhouse gases from all our activities where practicable;
- Use resources efficiently and ensure that the natural resources are from sources that demonstrate environmental stewardship where possible;
- Ensure that we are responsible stewards of our production sites by preventing pollution;
- Identify and engage with stakeholders affected by our activities, including liaison with local community representatives (please see our local community policy - RS 03);
- Maintain a transparent record of complaints and prosecutions and associated corrective actions, through our environmental management system;'
- Operate within international norms concerning human rights and labour practices;
- Aim to develop products that improve the quality and sustainability of the built environment;
- Continually seek to improve the environmental, social and economic performance of the organisation.
- Recognise the social and environmental impacts of transportation and seek to ensure that the adverse effects associated with transporting our products are reduced as far as practicable;
- Support our drive towards sustainability by providing employment and training opportunities and recognise the importance of a skilled and competent workforce.
- Adherence to our commitments to water efficiency and waste management, as stated within our environmental policy (EM 05).
Interfuse Ltd Syston and Gainsborough.